Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thank you, Cathy & Bridget Regan


I want to use this post to share with you an email that we received this week. Bridget Regan did an admirable thing...she raised money to help women detect breast cancer early. Yes, people do that every day. As Michelle's sister-in-law who has watched Michelle's Place grow from Michelle's original idea as we brainstormed on her futon, I think it is pretty darn special when someone with the power of celebrity status takes the time to support us and propel us even further with not only money but exposure. Follow Bridget on Twitter at www.twitter.com/BridgetRegan

THANK YOU, Cathy and Bridget for your support. We are humbled and grateful. We appreciate your donation and helping us spread the word about Michelle's Place and our mission. We cannot wait to meet you!

Thank you, Dr. Rose! We appreciate your recommendation and your continued support.

Here is Cathy's email:

My name is Cathy Regan and in March 2012 I was diagnosed with stage 1
breast cancer, found through a routine mammogram. I feel so fortunate that
my cancer was caught at an early stage. My treatment was six weeks of
radiation and no chemo.

My daughter, Bridget Regan, is a television actress. She wanted to raise

some money to help other women detect their cancer early like I did. So
she decided to auction an item from her television series LEGEND OF THE
SEEKER on ebay. She raised nearly $2000 which she has sent Michelle'sPlace.

Bridget wanted me to choose the charity. My radiation oncologist, Dr. Mary
Anne Rose, told me about Michelle's Place. After looking over your website
and reviewing your programs I chose Michelle's Place. I was very moved by
Michelle's story, the dedication of her parents and family, and the help
you are offering women with cancer and their families.

I live in Carlsbad and someday hope to head on up to Temecula to meet some

of the wonderful people at Michelle's Place . Thank you for all you do and
know my daughter's donation will be put to great use.

Sincerely,

Cathy Regan




2 comments:

  1. This is exactly why Bridget Regan is my favorite actress! Not only is she an amazing artist but a phenomenal person of deep compassion and true beauty.  Through her kindness and unselfishness she is always finding ways to celebrate life! Her loving heart gives an example worth following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. That is so lovely! Thanks for reading and your comment. Have a beautiful day!
      Amy

      Delete